Summer Village Betula Beach
Mission, Vision, Goals
Summer Village Mission
Summer Villages are sustainable municipalities that are a well respected, recognized level of government and stewards of our lake and river environments.
Summer Village Vision
Through ADVOCACY, COMMUNICATION, and EDUCATION, the ASVA empowers summer villages, like Lakeview, to achieve strong and effective local government.
Summer Village Goals
The Alberta Summer Village Association (ASVA) subscribes to our 10 "ACE" Goals to ensure all Summer Villages are working towards the same objective:
A - Advocacy
1. Advocacy / Liaison with Provincial Government – meet with government to advocate for solutions that support summer villages and promotes the collective position of summer villages to decision makers, members and stakeholders
2. Participation on Provincial Issues and Initiatives – ASVA partners with all levels of government, municipalities, industry, stakeholder groups, to resolve issues / challenges
3. Advocate summer villages working together to build common solutions
4. Effectively and transparently manage the ASVA as a high profile municipal association accepted and recognized by our sister associations, other municipalities, and the provincial government.
C - Communication
5. ASVA provides useful, reliable information tailored to the specific needs of summer villages
6. ASVA keeps up-to-date on social media as a tool for communications (website, etc)
E – Education
7. Organizing Annual Conference – bring together skills, provide experts to advise on governance and stewardship
8. ASVA provides access to a variety of resources (e.g. bylaw templates)
9. ASVA supports solutions that help summer villages meet their sustainable objectives
10. ASVA provide education resources to support summer villages in their role as environmental stewards